Rates of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are much higher in private security contractors than in UK military personnel according to a new report – which also identified that private security workers are offered little psychological support.
March On Stress
March on Stress is a psychological health consultancy that operates worldwide in close partnership with clients who typically place their people ‘in harm’s way’ - in security, media, government, oil & gas, and emergency services. We help to build resilience by safeguarding the psychological wellbeing of those personnel through the prevention, detection and treatment of occupational and operational stress, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Established in 2001 by Professor Neil Greenberg, an academic, occupational and forensic psychiatrist with more than 23 years of military experience and one of the UK’s most prominent PTSD experts, March on Stress is the UK’s leader in Trauma Risk Management (TRiM) training and provides a menu of options of other first class psychological support services.
Professor Greenberg himself brings a wealth of experience to the support of his March on Stress clients, including providing psychological input for Foreign Office and/or emergency service personnel after September 11th 2001, the Bali bombings of October 2002 and the 7/7 London Bombings in 2005. He has also provided mental health input into the psychological repatriation of hostages over the past five years.
Working with a team of highly trained, skilled and experienced professionals, Professor Greenberg ensures that all the services March on Stress provides are based on the most up-to-date scientific evidence, translated into the most practical and beneficial support for your business.
Our products fall into three important categories of psychological support: PREVENT; DETECT and TREAT. They include:
- Development of bespoke and formal operational or occupational stress policy for your business
- Trauma Risk Management (TRiM) and associated BTEC assessment
- Confidential Operational Stress Advisory Service (OSAS) for personnel
- Psychological health monitoring and support (March on Stress Wellness Service)
- Resilience/psychological preparedness training
- Occupational Stress services, including mediation
- Retained ‘on call’ organisational consultancy to help to deal with emerging issues and crisis situations
- Dealing with the Psychological Aspects of Hostage Situations
- Human Dimensions of Crisis Management
- Development of products tailored to your organisation’s needs, including Breaking Bad News Courses
The business case for implementing good operational stress policies and processes, such as those March on Stress provides, is threefold: legally, they evidence duty of care; economically, early identification and treatment is more cost effective and more likely to keep people at work; and morally – your people will feel supported.
We are Edexcel, COHPA and BTEC accredited
+44 (0) 2392 706929
+1 650 489 5451
The consequences of traumatic incidents and traumatic stress management were on the agenda at this week’s Public Transport Security Conference in London.